Thursday, December 8, 2011

Must have been sleeping

I have often wondered if, before one comes to earth, he or she is given certain physical characteristics to live with throughout mortality. Did we have choices of what we might look like? Are there lines we stand in for hair, leg shape, height, metabolism, etc.? If so, I must have been sleeping or horribly distracted by the heavenly beauty around me. I hardly believe I purposely chose to live with my thin, fine hair, and my thick, unshapely legs (just to name a couple of my physical failings)--I must have been sleeping while the desirable characteristics were being handed out. One might say it is genetics but if so, why would my sister be several inches taller, with much better hair, and my brothers have good eyesight, when I have had to wear glasses for five plus decades? There had to be something other than just genetics in play and I just missed out. Did I really agree happily to live with less than acceptable physical features?
I can imagine long lines of spiritual beings waiting patiently in the "Get Your Great Hair Here" line, or the "Long, Killer Legs Found Here" one. Perhaps we had to choose between great physical features and other gifts which would help us in our earthly existence. If so, I can't imagine what I thought I needed, or why I may have discounted the advantage of having a high metabolism. Another mystery to solve when this life is over. Well, I must go brush my teeth--did I mention that I hold the record for the number of fillings and crowns found in a single mouth?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post momma. I think I was probably sleeping too!

    ReplyDelete