Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Heart Strings

Take a waving American flag, softly sung "God Bless America", and a few personalized stories of September 11, 2001, and I am reduced to a blubbering mess in 30 seconds. Today I viewed a special "Music and The Spoken Word" , the program which features the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The program, narrated by Tom Brokaw*, highlighted some personal stories of that fatal day in September, coupled with lovely arrangements by the choir. It was, of course, very well done, and I believe, designed to bring old softies like me to tears.
This day does bring many thoughts of how grateful I am to be an American, and living at this time in the history of the world. We have been so blessed with protection in this country; we really can't conceive of the kind of troubles so many other countries face, and often: government take-overs, droughts, epidemics, terrorist violence.
I am also more fully aware of the importance of family and faith. In all the stories retold on the program today, these two factors were what sustained the individuals. I am grateful beyond words for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment