It is true. I can shower faster than anyone else I know. I have been known to wash my hair in the sink prior to showering , just so it will dry faster. Taking a shower is a necessary chore: get in, wash quickly and, get out. My son verified my skill this summer when he asked when I would be done in the bathroom. "Give me three minutes," I said, "and I will have showered and dressed." "Oh, sure!" he moaned, "I bet!" Exactly three minutes later I emerged. He was very impressed.
In comparison, my husband takes a ridiculously long time to do this daily activity. He is in there FOREVER. I've asked him why he is so slow and he claims it is his time to think, to plan, and, as he puts it, "solve the world's problems". I can't relate. I do my planning while eating breakfast and checking emails. I make lists of how I am going to "solve" the world's problems, along with the shopping, cleaning, and studying.
Someone should do a study (government sponsored-ha!) on the different bathing styles of individuals to see which type is most successful in life. I'm sure someone could scrounge up some government funding for this one. Maybe a psychological study would be more appropriate. Come to think of it, I could likely be a subject for numerous psychological studies! This I do know: my day's list is half completed by the time my husband is getting started on his.
And although it has never occurred to me until this moment, my showering habits have undoubtedly earned me favorable points with the conservationists in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment