Given a little more time, I could come up with countless other examples, but the point has been made. I don't think males can help themselves, they just don't have the multi-task gene. I have only known one man who did, and yes, although married, he did exhibit a bit of femininity. This same man, along with the multi-task gene, also had an attention to detail which was startlingly like a woman's . He'd come home from work and notice that the front rug was slightly askew, and carefully straighten it. One day he actually noticed a new, unwanted spot, the size of a dime, on a throw pillow. I witnessed this myself in utter amazement. I am not sure I'd be comfortable with this kind of preciseness because, let's be honest, sometimes I don't mind a crooked rug. I guess I will continue to cope with my multi-tasked impaired spouse.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Old News But True
This is not new information, but I feel the need to vent. Every female on the planet who has ever associated in any way with a male knows that men and boys cannot do more than one thing at once. My husband calls it "focusing" but I believe it is an inherent developmental flaw. Here is an example, "Honey, could you please take out the trash?" "Sure, no problem." At that moment the timer goes off on the oven, signaling that our delicious casserole (yes, I am amazing) is ready to be removed from the oven. I am upstairs at the moment, transferring the wet laundry to the the dryer while simultaneously wiping up some dirt off the floor with a paper towel, and talking to my daughter on the phone. Does my dear husband stop his trash run to take the food out of the oven? No, he can only focus on one thing, and it really never occurs to him to do otherwise. Consequently, we have an overdone casserole, and in his mind, he is totally innocent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find this entry offensive because...wait, I lost my train of thought.
ReplyDelete