Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why 20 kids makes sense

I should have had 20 children. I had six when I could have been a super mother to three, just because I love new babies so much. (For the record, I have never, ever, regretted having any of these children, and in my opinion, they have become pretty awesome adults.)
Here are just some of the reasons why I love babies:
Babies never complain when they are served the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and, the preparation of these meals is simplicity at its finest.
Babies love you to sing to them, and could care less if you can' t carry a tune or don't know the real words.
Babies will let you snuggle them whenever you want to.
Babies look at you like you really do know what you are talking about.
Babies show appreciation for the smallest acts of service, -by smiling at you, and again, letting you cuddle them.
Babies never talk back.
Babies love to stare at lights, which always reminds me that it wasn't long ago that they were enveloped in divine light.
Babies smile at you even when you have morning breath, dirty hair, and haven't 'put your eyebrows on' yet.
Babies also don't care if you are a "fun" grandma or a more dignified one. They love you because you love them.
Babies don't care if you have saggy skin or a middle-aged stomach bulge.
Babies, at least new ones, stay where you put them--no wondering what they are getting into.
Babies accept your agenda for the day, and go along with you wherever you decide to go.
Babies also accept your choice of clothing for them-your taste in fashion is great with them.
Babies exude pure innocence- what a joy to feel it through them.

1 comment:

  1. STOP! You are making me miss little babies... I can't wait to hold Andrea's baby, even though he'll be like 6 years old before I get to hold him! Okay, just 4 weeks or so... still... so old.

    ReplyDelete